Thursday, June 10, 2004

50,000 photos

Mark Twain once said: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

Truer words were never spoken. Damn its been cold and windy!

Its OK though, friends keep me warm... I ran into my friend Ali a few weeks back, and shot a few portraits of him...




I've been hard at work on sorting and sifting through my 50,000+ travel photos. Portraits are my specialty, but I've also ended-up with an amazing collection of Buddah images from the hundreds of Buddhist temples I visited. I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for Buddah, Buddhismk and Buddhists. This oneis from the Dalai Lama's temple in Mcleod Ganj near Dharamsala in Northern India.




Having lunch with Pauline today, and then meeting with some filmakers who are interested in some of my portraits. They are working on a project about gypsies and nomads in the Great Thar Desert in Rajasthan, India.




Saw this poster in the Anarchist's Collective Bookshop on Haight Street. Live for pleasure? What a concept!



No comments: